Blackout Curtains They Dont Have To Be Black!
In fact, they can be in any color,
but they block light perfectly!
So what are you looking for - black or blackout? Just in case you are looking for black
curtains, you may look for them here though its not exactly about curtains, its relevant for them also!
And now about blackout curtains. In fact, if you want to get a complete light control in the room, shop for thermal or for insulated curtains Since foam backing on thermal curtains and curtain liner on insulated drapes provide also a perfect light blockage, you will get blackout curtains, which will give you also a good insulation and will reduce noise from outside.
Thermal blackout curtains usually come in solid colors, but the color range is so broad that you definitely can select the best one for your specific interior. There is also a wide variety of curtain styles you can find pinch pleated curtains, grommet, tab top, and pole pocket curtains.
If you would like to get patterned blackout drapes, look for lined ones: regular drapes with a privacy liner attached to them. The liner is often made of white or cream satin fabric. This type of fabric is thick enough to provide an excellent light blockage. Along with light control such liner will also prevent your curtains from fading.
The only disadvantage of these types of blackout curtains is that they are quite thick and heavy weight. You will need a sturdy curtain rod for them. Because of their thickness there is sometimes difficult to drape them in desirable way. But this problem could be solved: instead of thick thermal or lined curtains you can shop for privacy liner that can be hanged separately (you will need an additional curtain rod for them).
Blackout curtains can be great solution for many rooms: bedroom, kids or baby rooms, home theater. But sometimes there is difficult to match blackout curtains to the existing interior style. So you may consider other blackout window treatments.
- Wood, faux wood and aluminum blinds are the best choice among blackout blinds. They are especially good for home media center, where you need a complete light blockage.
- Vertical blinds depending on material they are made of, some of them only diffuse light gently, while others provide a perfect light control.
- Vinyl horizontal blinds are not recommended for blackout window treatment, since they dont give a good light control.
- Cellular window shades, pleated window shades and roller window shades may vary in their level of light control. There are shades that only filter an extra light and reduce glare, and there are others that can block all light coming into the room. When you shop for pleated, cellular, or roller shades, pay attention to the material they made of. You can select the desirable level of light blockage, by choosing an appropriate type of such shades.
- Bamboo shades many people love them, they look really very attractive in many home interiors, but they dont block light very well. If you want to get bamboo shades for your home, but worry about light and privacy control, you can solve the problem by adding a privacy liner to your favorite bamboo shades.
- Roman shades another very popular type of window shades. As in previous case, the ability to block extra light depends on material, roman shades are made of. You will get blackout roman shades if you look for lined ones.
from Blackout Curtains to Home Page
Thermal Curtains An Appealing Window Dressing That Saves Your Money!
Window Blinds? Great Idea!
Why do you need black window blinds? Do you
think that black will give you better light control, or are you one
of those originals who are looking for unique home decorations? If
you really want them for your interior, keep reading.
Door Window Treatments
French doors look wonderful even without
any additional dressing. But if, for some reason, you feel
that you need some kind of French door window treatments,
dont worry you have plenty of options.
Roman Shades - Create A New Mood In The Room With Your Window Dressing
you want to turn your room into blossom garden, or to create a
feeling of summer in the cold winter day? Choose suitable floral
roman shades, and enjoy your favorite atmosphere all around the
Striped Roman Shades Add Colored
Accent to Your Interior
Striped and plaid
Roman Shades look very attractive in many interiors and match almost
every interior style, but they can also ruin the entire room
appearance, if not chosen properly. So be careful when you select
them, especially for the already existing interior.
Interior Decorating Ideas
Become Your Own Home Interior
If you really want to get
your own home interior, you should become your own home interior
decorator. Who said that you cant do it? Sure, you can! And dont
worry if you never did it before. You can learn it.
To Become An Interior Decorator For Your Home
When you decided to become an
interior decorator for your own home, there is no need to get a
degree in interior decoration, but its a good idea to consider a
number of things. - 9 Things that you need to know
Decorating Ideas Refresh Your Interior With Unique Elements
décor doesnt mean that your home will look cheap. Cheap decorative
items can be surprisingly refreshing for your interior and can add a
unique charm to a room.
Cheap Home Decor Bring Style To Your
Interior Without Spending A Fortune!
by Ekaterina Boym-Medler
Cheap home decor can be as
stylish as luxury decorations. There are only several secrets for
achieving the look of luxury home decor without spending a lot of
money on it.